PETRONAS Twin Towers is a must visit tourist attraction here in Kuala Lumpur, the capital of Malaysia. PETRONAS Twin Towers or PETRONAS Towers was once the tallest buildings in the world, from 1998 ~ 2004. Now the tallest building is Burj Khalifa in Dubai . But PETRONAS Towers is unique, it is still the tallest Twin Tower ever build in the world.
These are some fact about PETRONAS Twin Towers
- Height 452m above street level
- It has 88 floor
- PETRONAS Twin Towers Skybridge is located on Level 41
- Length of the Skybridge is 58.4m
- Height of Skybridge from (Level 41) from street level is 170m
- PETRONAS Twin Towers Observation Deck is located on Level 86
- Total built-up area is 395,000sq.m
- Amount of stainless steel cladding is 83,500sq.m
- Amount of vision glass is 77,000sq.m
- Amount of concrete is 160,000cu.m
- Amount of foundation concrete is 13,200sq.m
- Steel used 36,910t
- Weight per tower is 300,000t
- Usable space for each tower is 213,750sq.m
The PETRONAS Twin Towers was officially opened by the Prime Minister of Malaysia’s Tun Dr. Mahathir bin Mohamad on 1 August 1999. The mega project of PETRONAS Twin Towers started from 1992, a year of planning. Followed by the actual ground work from 1993. The PETRONAS Twin Towers icon was completed in June 1996, and the first batch of ‘PETRONAS’ personnel moved into the building on 1 January 1997.
What are the tourist attraction available here in PETRONAS Twin Towers?
- PETRONAS Twin Towers Skybridge, Level 41
- PETRONAS Twin Towers Observation Deck, Level 86
- Suria KLCC Shopping Mall
- KLCC Park
- KLCC Aquaria