Not knowing what to do on the upcoming weekend? What about doing a fun-filled, eye opening adventure right here in Shah Alam? Taman Botani Negara Shah Alam (TBNSA) and Skytrex
Taman Botani Negara Shah Alam (TBNSA) and Skytrex
Located at Bukit Cahaya Seri Alam, Shah Alam, Malaysia, Taman Botani Negara Shah Alam or TBNSA was opened to public in 1986. This flat lowland rainforest serves as the national scientific research centre and also the source reservation for botany, horticulture, floriculture and other related field in Malaysia.
With assortment of arboretums, plantations, dames, lakes, animal park and temperate plantations inside the ‘Four Seasons house’, you can choose to enjoy the beauty of mother nature or register for a more adrenaline-filled adventure instead. Be it Skytrex or Bukit Sapu Tangan, both of them offer a more action-packed alternative in experiencing this botanical park.
A total area of 800 hectares homes various trees and agricultural crops standing side to side which can easily be viewed along the tarred road in TBNSA. As for ponds and lakes, they are covered in water lilies which is a total relieve from the typical concrete jungle that has become our daily view.
The Animal Park
The animal park on the other hand, give the chance for visitor to take a look at ponies, porcupines, deer, birds and many other. There is also other wildlife creature such as the common lowland insects, forest birds and small mammals like macaques, squirrels and lizards.
Four Seasons House
Being one of the top attraction here in TBNSA, the ‘Four Seasons House’ has a special controlled climate within. It provides the optimal temperature for temperate plantations so the visitors can experience first-hand what it feels like to be in certain seasons alongside the environment’s unique plantations.
Bukit Sapu Tangan
Hiking up Bukit Sapu Tangan has also been one of the main choice by visitors who loves adventurous way of experiencing this botanical park. Its steep climb adds up to the rewarding feeling that you get as you reach the peak of the hill. There’s also a lookout tower where you can get the panoramic view of Shah Alam, the Klang Valley and even the Straits of Malacca.
To add up to this, Skytrex, which at one point has swept the nation by storm, is an adventure park that gives off an unusual high elements of jungle canopy adventure located deep inside this botanical park. By riding the specialized shuttle bus from TBNSA entrance to Skytrex, visitors can choose from multiple circuits to challenge themselves.
There are 3 circuits offered by this adventure park including ‘Big Thrill’, ‘Extreme Challenge’ and ‘Little Adventure’. Each of the circuits have different requirements as listed below:
|Circuits||Big Thrill||Extreme Challenge||Little Adventure|
|Duration to complete||1.5-2 hrs||Min 2 hrs||30-40 mins|
|Booking time slots||0900, 1030, 1200, 1330, 1500||0830, 1000, 1130, 1300, 1430||0900, 1130, 1330|
|Ticket Price||RM 48||RM 58||RM 37|
|Requirements||16 years above|
|At least 1.4 m||At least 1.4m||At least 1.1m|
|Max weight is 100kg||Max weight is 100kg||Max weight is 100kg|
|Children below 13 years old must be accompanied by parent/guardian (1 child to 1 parent/guardian)||Participants below 18 years require indemnity forms signed by a parent/guardian||Children below 8 years old will require parent/guardian present and have the indemnity forms completed for them|
|Physically fit with good upper body strength|
TBNSA: weddings and family events (homestay and chalet available)
Skytrex: family events at Skydeck (picnic tables, BBQ pit and event decoration service available)
There are several ways to get to Taman Botani Negara Shah Alam (TBNSA) and Skytrex such as:
- RapidKL Busses: Take busses numbered 63 or 338 from Kuala Lumpur and alight near the Maybank Building at Shah Alam City Centre. Hail a taxi to reach the park.
- KTM Komuter: Take KTM Komuter and alight at Shah Alam Station then hail a taxi (20 minutes) to the park.
- Own Transport or Taxi: From the Federal Highway take the exit toward Shah Alam City Centre and follow the signs to the park.
Here are list of Taman Botani Negara Shah Alam (TBNSA) and Skytrex tickets price and its facilities
Conservation fee (compulsory)
- Adults (12 to 54 years old) RM3
- Children (6 to 11 years old) RM1
- Senior citizen (above 55 years old) RM1
- FREE admission to visitors under 6 years old, orphan and people with disabilities
Four Seasons Temperate House, conservation fee (compulsory)
|Four Seasons Temperate House||Other seasons||Winter|
|Adults (12 years old and above)||RM 3||RM 5|
|Children ( 4 to 11 years old)||RM 1||RM 3|
|Visitors under 6 years old, orphan and people with disabilities||FREE|
- Car or van RM3
- Motorcycle RM1
- Bus or lorry RM3
Taman Botani Negara Shah Alam (TBNSA) facilities rental price
|Facilities||Rate 1 unit per 1 day|
|Weekdays||Weekend/ Public Holiday|
|Homestay Kampung Idaman||RM 120||RM 150|
|Homestay Kampung Budaya||RM 250||RM 300|
|Family Day Site|
|Multi Purpose Barn (Taman Padi)||RM 150||RM 150|
|Sepak Takraw Court (Taman Padi)||RM 150||RM 150|
|Agrolodge||RM 150||RM 150|
|Amphiteater||RM 150||RM 150|
|Gelanggang Berpasir||RM 150||RM 150|
|Pool Site||RM 150||RM 150|
|Swimming Pool & Pool Site||RM 550||RM 550|
|Main Counter Area||RM 300||RM 500|
|Sri Pekan Hall||RM 700||RM 800|
|Bunga Raya Hall||RM 500||RM 600|
|Seminar Hall||RM 200||RM 300|
|Kampung Idaman Hall||RM 100||RM 100|
SKYDECK at SKYTREX
- A cement BBQ pit with a grill is available for RM35 per session.
- 10 fixed picnic tables with benches. Each table fits 8-10 adults. The platform is for Skytrex participant use only. Rates are RM37 per table per session.
- Guests will bring own food, cooking/eating utensils, charcoal/fuel and do own clean up.
- Skydeck tables and BBQ can only be booked by confirmed Skytrex participants.
- Birthday/Event decoration (Balloons, banners, table cloth, etc). Theme: Angry Bird, Smurfs, Spongebob, and Hello Kitty. RM550
TBNSA – Taman Botani Negara Shah Alam (TBNSA) and Skytrex open from Tuesday 7:30 a.m. to Sunday 5 p.m. The park will be closed on most Mondays except on school holidays or public holidays. The Ticketing counter 7.30 a.m. until 4.30 p.m.
4 Seasons House: 7.30 a.m. until 4.30 p.m.
- Tuesday – Sunday: 7.30 a.m. until 4.30 p.m.
- Friday: 7.30 a.m. until 12.15 noon and 2.45 p.m. until 4.30 p.m.
- Make sure you arrive early to get the most out of your experience in TBNSA and Skytrex (the morning breeze and view are to die for!)
- There’s surau available and as for women, it is advisable to bring your own telekung if you opt for more comfort.
- It’s better for you to book your ticket to Skytrex online to avoid disappointment as it is very popular among visitors.
What are you waiting for? Go fill your weekend in Shah Alam National Botanical Park and have the one of best time of your life there! Taman Botani Negara Shah Alam (TBNSA) and Skytrex